Thursday, November 07, 2013

More Christmas (soft pencils on kraft cardstock)


I've had a few of these Paintbox Poppets stamps laying around for years. I believe they have later been released as clearstamps with less shadows and details. Mine are mounted rubberstamps, and I must admit: Gorgeous as they are, they are just too hard to color in with good results for me. Until... I had this great idea to stamp them on to kraft cardstock, and color with some high quality soft pencils by Derwent. I love the result! The colors really pop when added to this background.

I had so much fun, I decided to do the same with these mice by Penny Black. I love the softer feel of the cards when using kraft instead of white, and the pencils are also much softer looking than markers. But then - I always add pencils on top of markers to add structure.

Thanks for visiting :-)

2 comments:

Ann Hedvig said...

Så lurt og ikke minst så flotte de er :)

Har samme stempelet som deg, men har aldri klart å fargelegge det med tusj, så kanskje jeg nå kan dra det frem igjen og prøve noe helt annet ;)26

❤ Kaia said...

Nydelige fargelagte motiver..
Jeg er og veldig glad i fargeblyanter på kraft kartong.
Jeg bruker prisma premiere pencils, og digger det...
Det er nesten så en ikke gidder å gå tilbake til tusjene...
Ha ei flott helg

Klem fra Kaia